is my new Spotify playlist for 2023.
Monday, I decided to chase away the blues by making a new playlist for 2023. First off, I opened up the cafe and poured myself a whiskey to shift my attitude. Second, I gave the new playlist a name. So why not name it BLUE RIVER CAFE 2023? [(I’ve taken to naming my playlists after the idea of a having a cafe.) I make a Spotify playlist for each new year.]
I was feeling down, or blue, and nothing chases away that feeling like drinking and listening to music I love. Add in a burger and some fries at a cafe, riverside, and viola, no more blues.
I remembered the Blue River of Colorado and memories came flowing in.
Spotify and AI
make this so easy and fun. Third, pick one song that fits the title of your playlist and current mood. I chose Joni Mitchell’s River from her Blue album (1970). But, bummer, Mitchell in a ___ protest with Neil Young quit Spotify. No worries. With the platform all you have to do is type in the song, artist, or lyric and the AI algorithm gives you all matches and alternatives.
The algorithm has gotten so good, so quick – it’s amazing! It will keep feeding you songs that fit/match, are similar to, the songs you add to the playlist. This is based on: keywords (like blue, river), genres (folk, bluegrass), instruments (guitar, piano), artists, and so on. In the blink of an eye!
In this regard, I think, AI outperforms human capability.
The Playlist So Far
is as follows:
- River. Sarah MsLachlan
- A hard rain’s gonna fall. Rainbow girls
- Slippery people. Talking Heads
- Blue Bayou. Linda Ronstandt
- Something about what happens when we talk. Lucinda Williams
- I can’t make you love me. Bonnie Raitt
- Something to talk about. Bonnie Raitt
- The dangling conversation. Simon and Garfunkel
- All the diamonds. Bruce Cockburn
- Famous blue raincoat. Leonard Cohen
- Prelude to cello suite #7 in G major. Michael Hedges
- Whatchaya gonna do now. honeyhoney
- Something to burn. Quaker City Night Hawks
- Big man. honeyhoney
- Daylight. Watchhouse
- Blue side of the mountain. The Steeldrivers
- Burn one with John Prine. Roger Harvey
- Other side of paradise. The Rivivalists
- All the animals. Jewel
- Fishin’ with you. Carsle Biantar
- Chase the feeling. The Devil Makes Three
is allowed. In other words, if/when my mind/memory was “triggered”, I could insert a song, in real time to the playlist! AND then the AI algorithm would adjust. All this in the comfort of my apartment, barely lifting a finger.
if you’re feeling blue, or low down, or whatever – Spotify and AI can help.
Do you have any suggestions for my BLUE RIVER CAFE playlist? I’d love hear them. Keywords: River, Blue, Fishing, Paradise, and so on and so forth. Let me know in the comments. I will give your songs a listen.
The Cafe is open seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year. However, there are glitches and gremlins and other weird things that can disrupt transactions.